Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Diversionary Tactics

Diversionary tactics are slipping into place.

I just received a call from the nurse's office at boy scout camp. A friend called to tell me Alex has a headache. They needed to know if they could give him some children's Motrin. Yes! Of course.

Now I sit and wonder if he is okay. No parent to comfort him. Away from home in the woods.

How will I sleep? I want to go get him right now. They say he is fine but I know him. His leg could be torn off and he'd say he had a scratch. I'm ready to weep.

I just realized I have started slipping into that mindless place where I go from thing to thing and register nothing. I know it's just a headache but he's my baby!



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heidi, he's probably just been so busy and no snacks. You know he gets the low sugar thing. You should remember to tell the camp that..He'll be fine...He's a trooper and will be home soon..Mom

MoMMY said...

Thanks Mom. I was thinking that or dehydration.

We got a call about the time I posted this. The Motrin worked. He rested and was up and going already. So glad they took the time to call!

Anonymous said...

Just remember. Summer camp without a headache/stomach ache/poison ivy/flesh wound/bite from exotic bug is a little like getting caught in a rainstorm and not getting wet. It just can't happen that way.

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. - More pirate wisdom from Bloody Jack Cash

MoMMY said...

And what did you catch/get bit by at camp BJC?

Anonymous said...

What happens at camp stays at camp.

BJC