Thursday, July 29, 2004

Return of the Guest Blogger

Dunkin’ Donuts posts worse record than the Red Sox…

A new D&D opened up right down the street from my house, about a month ago.  I have now gone in there ten times. Each time I order the exact same thing, one medium iced hazelnut coffee with one cream and one sugar. They are now four and six on getting my order right. This is a little disturbing. I am ordering a single coffee and they are below five hundred on handing me the correct beverage. How has the attention span of these employees dropped to the point where they cannot concentrate through an order of one coffee?

The DNC and Me…

As for the DNC, things could not have worked out better for me. There has been little to no traffic on my daily commute. While this is great for me, it is not so great for the local merchants. The latest reports have the local restaurants, shops and theaters down fifty percent from this week last year. It appears that everyone took the mayor’s advice and left the city. Two restaurants on Canal Street, down town, were so over-staffed for the event that they held a flag football game against each other. This took place in the street, yesterday at lunchtime. They say they were not interrupted by traffic, be it vehicular or pedestrian. Boston is a ghost town. All of the delegates have been bussed into the convention, where they are served free food. So, none have gone out even for lunch. The protesters seem to be the only people out on the streets. Unfortunately they have been unable to escape the towering fenced in area that they were confined to.  I hope they packed some lunches. I guess we’re all set though.  According to our great mayor, the city will see major benefits from this in four or five years. In what form, I am not exactly sure.

More to come…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

could very well be the excess sugar they're eating and sniffing????? Not everyone is as a-one a food service person as you were. Glad to hear the DNC has no effect. It's over now, so enjoy the city. grandmom fo said male youngsters.

MoMMY said...

I think Mom is right - all that sugar and caffeine has made them jittery. Can't concentrate. Really no excuse though.

Hope your move goes well. Thanks for blogging. If you get a chance, write something tomorrow. I'll be too sleep deprived (and still on the road) to write.