The ugly red carpet is gone. The crumbling black carpet pad is gone. The hideous flooring under that is gone. Guess what we found... an unfinished wood floor. Yellow pine planks. No, not subfloor but wood floor. What were the previous owners thinking? It is in great shape so I have decided to toss out my original idea of gray stone tile and finish the wood. Some sanding, some stain, a whole lot of poly. Whoohoo! new floor.
Things I learned today:
- Removing wallpaper isn't hard.
- Removing wallpaper isn't fun.
- You leave less dings when removing wallpaper from 100 year old plaster vs drywall.
- You find a lot of crumbling plaster when removing wallpaper from 100 year old plaster vs drywall.
- There is suprisingly little removal needed at a height in which you don't need to crouch or need a ladder.
- Cost of home renevations is in direct relation to importance. (appearances = expensive,necessities = very expensive)