Sunday, October 24, 2004

Whew!

That was close. Since I broke all superstitious tradition and gloated before the final score it got a bit too close for comfort. I really must learn to control myself. As soon as I started actually WATCHING the game, the Cards started scoring. I actually had to read a book and only allow myself to peek at the TV when there was much fuss being made. I mean really, what was I thinking? Things seemed to go better after that. The Cards stopped scoring and the Red Sox finally came back. No more direct watching of games. It's just too much of a risk. Guess it will be no problem watching Desperate Housewives tonight. It'll just give the Sox more time to score. (And I'm so loving that show!)

And while doing a search on Desperate Housewives I actually found this article. I can not believe some people! Please, if you don't like it, DON'T WATCH IT! I, an at-home-mother (in case you didn't realize), LOVE the show. It takes truth and spins it into fantasy. How can you not love the lines:

The husband in the hospital bed says, "You tried to kill me."

"Yes, and I feel badly about that," replies his perfectly coiffed wife.

IT'S FUNNY PEOPLE! As far as getting advertisers to pull their sponsorship on the grounds it is "portraying motherhood as a "worthless chore"." PLEASE! Every mom knows that it feels that way sometimes. We also know it's not worthless or we wouldn't be doing it. What are these people afraid of?

Apparently everything: American Family Association is a frightening group. I could find no mention of the TV show on their site but the show is put out there by Disney and although there are valid reasons for not liking Disney (mostly regarding the old movies where the girl gets saved by the prince & the mangling of many great books), most of what they list is... well, what is it? It amazes me. Let's just leave it at that. I can't believe people think like this. I must stop now before I have a complete coronary. Besides, it's time for me to finish the kids' Halloween costumes. (I've been trying to convince Tyler to be Harry Potter since he now has the hair for it but he wants to be a Ranger from The Lord of the Rings. Don't even know how to make that costume. All suggestions are welcome.)

No comments: