Friday, December 10, 2004

Show-and-Tell

No, no. Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm referring to Wednesday's show-and-tell at preschool. I was told by the teacher that they like Zach to close out the session because he does such a good job at it. Curious as to why, the teacher told me to 'just watch'.



Anyone who has ever seen the average 4 year old show-and-tell knows that it usually consists of a child sitting (or standing) in front of the class clutching some object they hold near and dear, staring at the class with a mild to severe look of panic on their faces. They mutter one word answers to questions the teacher asks as if being asked to reveal matters of national security under threat of torture.



Do I need to say it? Okay, I will... Not Zach.



No, my child grabs his objects and starts putting on a show for the class. The elephant puppet is soon spraying water over the class with his trunk. This then causes Zach to punch him in the stomach for getting him all wet. Soon the children that were trying to discover if the cure to cancer was under their fingernails or in their neighbors hair has eyes fixed on Zach. Laughter is erupting and I feel as though I have entered some smoke-free, juice-only, well-lit comedy club where the performers are all under 4 feet.



Finally the teacher had to get the hook so she could move on to story time.

No comments: