The official letter from the nursery school:
We have just finished reading the story Flat Stanley, by Jeff Brown. It is about a boy named Stanley who gets flattened by his bulletin board when it falls on him during the night. Stanley has to learn to live as a flat boy. In some ways, it is a great way to live. He can go down into the sewer to get his mother's ring, slide under closed doors, fly in the air like a kite, and even travel around the world in an envelope (*or in this case, by e-mail & the web).
We are sending Flat Stanley on an adventure and we would like for you to help us. Please let Flat Stanley spend some time with you. Then write us back in a week and let us know what Flat did during the trip. It would be fun if you could include pictures. We will share your letter and pictures with the class and it will then be posted on our bulletin board.
Thank you for letting Flat Stanley have a great vacation. Traveling is fun and we can't wait to hear all about the adventures!
* added by me, MoMMY.
Now for my 2 cents...
Here is a picture of Flat Stanley:
- Click on the picture.
- Print it out and have your child/you cut out and color/decorate Stanley.
- Have fun with Stanley.
- Take a photo(s) and e-mail that with an account of your time with Flat Stanley to me here.
Some suggestions of things to tell us:
- Where you live.
- Weather where you live: currently and seasonally.
- Special to your location: favorite local activities, sports, hobbies, places to visit
- What is your favorite thing about where you live? What would you change?
Anyone want to play tour guide?
EDITED TO ADD: Deadline for Flat Stanley's adventures is March 24th. Give or take a day. Thanks!