Thursday, February 16, 2006

One More Thing

The oldest broke another finger.

Let me just let that sink in...

...


Yes, he broke another frickin' finger. Unbelievable. In 2.5 weeks. That also makes 3 broken fingers in this house since September.

If I didn't know better I'd think we found a new punishment in the MoMMY household - "Did you just say 'NO' to me?" whack!

Of course, none of them have happened in our care. Or our house. Or even in our presence.

You were wondering what caused this latest break? Basketball. At recess. Sound familiar? Last time it was Football at recess. Both times he was blocking. Both times he reached up and hit & hyperextended the finger that ended in injury. The school nurse suggested steel fingered gloves. Know where I could get a pair?

The oddest part about all this? Out of all 4 kids, we have had 4 broken bones. This INCLUDES the 3 broken fingers. The first broken bone was EIGHT and 1/2 YEARS ago. The last 3? All in the last 5 months.

I must go now and pretend to sleep (bit of insomnia) or at least grab another box of tissues. My face is trying to rid me of leaden snot and I have to get up in 2 hours.

2 comments:

Tami said...

Oh Heidi! That's awful. Thank goodness you have a sense of humor about it all!

Does your vacation start this week?

cursingmama said...

They say things come in 3's - you should be done now ;)