Friday, August 13, 2004

This Week's: Kids & Books

The latest, most requested book at potty time is Bear and Bunny Grow Tomatoes by Bruce Koscielniak. A quick check at Amazon shows this book is out of print. I've linked you to his other books though.

I'm embarrassed to admit I'm a bunny gardener. I'm not one for doing the job right when it comes to gardening. Too much work. I'd rather sit in a chair, drink lemonade & read a book. I did put my seven-year-old to work planting seeds this spring after he decimated a bush with a stick. His excuse? He was fighting orcs. No more LoTR for him.

Back to the gardening... He planted the sunflower seeds and I planted the other 4 packets of various seeds. They were all planted in anger. We were both fuming. The results? Nothing grew. Not one single flower. Lesson for today? Do not plant in anger.

No comments: