Friday, August 6, 2004

Vacation Overload

If I lose one more post I think I may go postal!

Okay, what was I saying? I am ready for this vacation to be over. Don't get me wrong, we're having a great time. I'm just tired. I slept for 12 hours last night and I'm still tired. Tired of the kids whining and fighting. Tired of having to consult others about every decision. Tired of trying to fit in all the activities everyone wants. And tired of living in someone else's house. Let's face it, no matter how comfortable you are in someone else's house - it's still not yours.

The good news: The weather is beautiful. The family has left me alone for an hour or two. We are leaving tonight or tomorrow which means Sunday I will go grocery shopping alone. Sick, I know. It is sad, sad, sad that this mundane event can make me so happy.

I'm actually looking forward to Monday. This is when our schedules return to a bit more normalcy. Three of the kids will be at rec camp from 9-12. And there will be quiet. Besides, by then the laundry should be done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's the point of vacations.....you can't wait to leave home, but then it's SO great to get home, you appreciate it again. See you soon....Gosmmy