Thursday, September 23, 2004

Theme of the Week: Math

Monday:

ALEX: "I remember putting my math homework in my folder. Now I'm going to get a strike."

ME: "Check your backpack again and give me your lunch box."

ALEX: Looking a bit panicked. "It's not here."

ME: "Can you do it when you get to school?"

ALEX: "No. I'm going out to play." Seems panic has subsided.


Tuesday:

ME: Pulling lunch box from Alex's backpack. "Here's you math homework. Do it now."

ALEX: "Where was it?"

ME: "In your backpack. Didn't I tell you to give me your lunch box yesterday?"

ALEX: "Didn't I give it to you?"

ME: "If you had you would have found your homework."

ALEX: Rapidly doing homework while waiting for bus. "Oh, yeah."

NOTE: Obviously when I told him to look in his backpack that meant glance into its depths and move nothing.

Wednesday:

Note comes home to work on counting by 5's to 100 and counting by 2's to 40 with Dylan. He counts to 100 no problem. Can't seem to grasp the 2 thing. I write them out. Flash of understanding. Loss of understanding. Must keep working.

Thursday:

E-mailed teacher to tell her we really are working on Dylan's math.

Just can't wait to find out what Friday brings...

No comments: