Wednesday, November 3, 2004

Kid Conversation

TYLER: "Did you know only men use to be able to vote? They didn't even let women vote at one time."

ME: "Yes, women had to fight for the right to vote. Do you think woman should be able to vote?"

TYLER: rolls eyes and looks like I don't have a brain in my head - you know the look - "There has never been a woman president."

ME: "No, not yet. Maybe someday."

TYLER: "How old do you have to be to be the president?"

ME: "35"

TYLER: "You're not even old enough yet."

ME: "Nope."

TYLER: "If you were president you could meet with other presidents and kings and stop wars."

ME: "Honey, I will never be elected president."

TYLER: "Why? You could stop wars."

ME: "I'm not someone people would vote for. I'm not nice enough. Maybe you could be president when you grow up."

TYLER: ignores his mother once again to return to breakfast

No comments: