Monday, December 6, 2004

And The Angels Sang

I'm not a shopper.


A star grocery shopper but not a real shopper. It is usually painful. unsuccessful. aggravating.


Yesterday I went shopping with my mom. It was a beauteous day. The sun shone. The angels sang. Things were easy. The crowds didn't bother me. I found everything on my list and lots of things that weren't. You know, the things you don't know you need until you see them. And all was on sale. (okay, not all - just most.)


My holiday shopping is almost done. I'm almost ready to dig out the decorations and - gasp! - decorate. I'm almost ready to start baking. and making gifts. and I think I must be losing my mind. I'm listening to Christmas music on the radio. I'm singing along. Someone has possessed me. It is the only explanation. That or the medicine is working.

No comments: