Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Very Excited

I bought my plane ticket to St. Louis yesterday. I'll be spending a week - yes, a WEEK - with my sister-in-law and her husband and their NEW. BABY. the last week of June.

I'm going to be an AUNT. I'm so excited. All the babiness and none of the responsibility and late night feedings. Now if they only lived closer.

The other reasons this is so exciting:
  1. It is the first time I will be flying since 1996. Flying without any children - and I like to fly. (I can read and relax with no one demanding things of me.)
  2. It is the first week of summer vacation. Also known as a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week in our house. My husband gets to establish the summer routines. He is taking vacation that week. Whoohooo!
  3. It is a week with ONE child who is NOT mobile, can NOT talk back and does NOT make more of a mess than what a diaper can contain.
  4. I am considered the expert in this area by the soon-to-be parents. So nice to be an expert at something. Even though... I'm really not. Shhh... don't tell them.

No comments: