Saturday, November 12, 2005

It Amazes Me...

when someone tells me how well behaved and polite my children are. I mean, I know they are sometimes, kind of, sort of. But to have someone come out and tell me my child is the best behaved and politest of the group... makes me realize that he was really born that way. I wish I could take credit for it, but I can't. I'm learning more every day that they are the way they are and their good qualities are theirs.

On the flip side, I can't blame myself for all of their bad qualities either. It's a sort of dance between trying to teach them well and not beating myself up for seeming to fail.

I just wish I could take credit for the good stuff. It'd be nice to think I'm doing something right here... but most of the time? Not so much. More like getting by.

No comments: