Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Kid Conversation

Scene: Dylan(7) & I driving home in the car last night.

DYLAN: "Look! Mom! It's a full moon."

ME: "Oh, yes it is."

DYLAN: "Can I put down the window?"

ME: "Sure." It was freakishly warm here last night.

DYLAN: hands gripping window that is 1/2 down, face turned toward moon "Wooo, wooo, awooooooooooo. Wooo, wooo, awoooooooooo."

ME: "Are you being a werewolf?"

DYLAN: smug, and happy "Yes. Wooooooooooo, wooooooo, awoooooooooooooooooooooooo"

several minutes later

ME: "Can you roll up the window now? I think we've had enough howling."

DYLAN: "One more. Woooooo, woooooo, awooooooooooooooooooooooo..."

If you happened to be driving south on 590 in Rochester, NY last night around 8:30 and saw a child sticking his face up to an open window and howling? Yes, that was us. And yes, this was on a highway with cars zooming by his opened window. I may have been laughing. And I may have been the tiniest bit embarrassed. Shocking, I know.

1 comment:

GosMMY said...

only Dylan.............