Saturday, December 23, 2006

To Make Your Christmas Merrier

I mentioned I've been drinking? Up until now it's been mostly Mike's Hard Limes. Tomorrow I'm trying something different.

While tracking Santa try this drink:

What I call a Peppermint Patty Martini

1 oz. Svedka Vodka (new, I'm trying it for the first time)
1/2 oz. Rumplemintz
1/2 oz. Creme de Cacao (some random brand Boston something-or-other - all they had at the store)

Every damn recipe I googled gave me different amounts and ingredients. I'm working with what I have on hand (and what I picked up tonight at the packy). Will have to taste test. I'll give you an update tomorrow and let you know my preferred amounts.

Edited to add:
The Boston Somthing-or-other brand was a no go. Returned for Dekuyper's clear Creme de Cacao.

New recipe that has been tried is:
1 oz. vodka
1 oz. Rumplemintz (who the hell can do 1/2 ounce - why even bother)
2 oz. Dekuyper's Creme de Cacao

Mmmmm... tasty.

No comments: