- New cell phone! YAY! Why do they have so many gadgets now? And why does it cost so much to use them?
- New camera! YAY! Still figuring it all out. And still feeling guilty for spending all that money that could have gone into the house.
- Hummingbird has been coming to feed at my honeysuckle the last 2 evenings between 8:30ish and 8:45ish. I'm so glad I noticed. It feels luxurious to spend those 15 minutes just watching for him. (I'm thinking the fact it seems like a huge luxury is not a good sign.)
- Turning off the expressway and feeling the wind caress my face each day on my way home. Lovely. Luxurious. A reason to not be pissed the air conditioning in the van is on the fritz.
- Serious need for a weekend BY. MY. SELF. I don't know how you all do it. I need at least a weekend a year away from the kids to keep my sanity. It's been over a year. Now that I've identified the fact I can't hold out much longer I can't decide between:
- A weekend home alone to clean the damn house.
- A weekend at a friend's doing things like going out for dinner and ... well, whatever else one does when with friends. (It's been way too long.)
- A weekend at my mom's where I can watch TV/movies during the day and not do or plan or arrange anything.
- A weekend spent visiting family that lives about 6 hours away.
- I know I should DO something. I should clean. I should visit. But I really want to spend a beautiful day lounging on the couch and watching TV. It seems so wrong.
Thursday, June 14, 2007
My Sanity in Question
Once again I've been writing posts in my head. Seems the only time I have to actually think is driving in the car. So, bullets...