Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Who yah Blogging For?

I've been thinking a lot lately about who I blog for, who is reading it and how I feel about what different people are reading.

The thing is, the family wants to hear about the kids, see pictures and know what's going on. They do not want to hear my musings on motherhood or being a writer. This is when they are thinking, "Yeah, yeah, enough already. Where are the kids? I want more pictures."

My friends and/or strangers who read this (and there are a couple of you out there) could really care less about what camp which kid is going to. They are thinking, "More pictures? Please! Stop already." There are also things I can say to strangers that I wouldn't necessarily want to get back to the family. Nothing bad (and no, nothing about you who are reading this - cough, cough) but some observations that I wouldn't feel comfortable revealing to the actual person it is about.

So this is the dilemma. I thought for a moment, maybe two blogs. Then I thought, "Yah right. I barely get to the one most days. That will never happen."


Invariably there would still be cross over of viewers and I would spend more time on one then the other. Family would be offended, etc.

So I guess the conclusion is, everyone will have to deal. Skip what doesn't interest you and hope I do better the next day.

No comments: