Thursday, September 9, 2004

They're Gone!

As of 8:55 this a.m. the boys were off. The middle two stepped onto that big, yellow schoolbus and it whisked them away. I would dance but I'm feeling a bit sleep-deprived. Maybe after a shower and another 10 cups of coffee.

I'd like to say it was the wonderful first day experience we usually have with no yelling and everyone ready early - but no. I had to wake Dylan at 8:05 and THEN he decided he HAD TO HAVE a haircut. Out came the clippers followed by a quick shower. Breakfast was rushed. Minimal yelling to EAT! BRUSH YOUR TEETH! Then we all hung out on the front porch and took the traditional 1st day pictures. Soon the bus was chugging up the road.

So here I sit, with Scooby-Doo in the background, and wonder what I should do first...

No comments: