Thursday, September 9, 2004

Whoohooo! Today's The Day!

One down, two to go. The first one is off and it's almost time to get Dylan up. Tyler was up with Alex and is ready and waiting.

I'm going to have to take Englishrose's advice here and nap later. Only 5 hours of sleep and I woke up 3-4 times. It's going to be a LONG day. I was so worried about not waking up and missing Alex's first day at a new school. Even he is nervous and he is the child that never gets nervous. Middle school is such a big deal. Too bad Mom (that's me) made him wear rain boots to school. In my defense, Francis is here and we are expecting 3-6 inches of rain today. The sidewalk is flooded in front of the house and he has new sneakers. I caught him double checking that they were in his bag. (I made sure, I'm not totally heartless.)

Zach just got up and there is excitement in the air. I surprised myself and have had thoughts of peeking in middle school windows to check on my baby - I mean oldest. Well, he's still my baby! All I could think of while lying (or is it laying? I never get that one right.) in the dark at 5 this morning was the mean aide who I served lunch duty with while subbing last year. What if she targets MY son. She actually made a girl cry. I'm tough but she was nasty!

Time to get Dylan up. On to the next round of preparation and then shove those two on the bus. Soon it will be just Zach and I. YAY!

No comments: