Thursday, January 13, 2005

Bad News/Good News

Bad news for my weekend roommates...
The cough medicine from the doctor that has worked so well has given me HORRENDOUS headaches each morning. Today I found out why. It has codeine in it. CODEINE. I'm allergic to codeine. So, no more of that. At least I'll be able to function in the mornings now.

Good news...
The doctor's office suggested another course of action and we will pray this one works better.

Bad news...
Another child is home sick with a stomach ache/headache. I'm hoping it's a 24 hour thingy and not what his brother has (mono). Yes, my SIX-year-old has MONO. Don't ask. I don't know how he got it.

Good news...
He has been functioning very well for having such a wretched illness and he seems to be on the recovery side of it. His liver enzymes are dropping and his stomach isn't bothering him so much. (Enlarged liver was causing stomach pain.)

Bad news...
House has taken over and is a dusty mess. Also, have not done laundry since the weekend.

Good news...
I'm leaving soon so the mess will not bother me. Also, everyone still has clean clothes to wear.

Bad news...
I have not exercised since Monday. Actually, I have done nothing but lay on couch since Monday.

Good news...
I am hoping all this resting is making me better sooner so I can enjoy this weekend.

Bad news...
I have not started packing.

Good news...
I still have a reason to pack.

Must go rest now. This has worn me out!

No comments: