Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Poe here.

Coughing has kept me up since 2:45 a.m. ~ A.M! So wrong. Moved self to couch in hopes of not waking rest of family. It worked but I still have not slept. Finally decided to waste time on computer instead of lying in dark begging for sleep that will not come.

Busy day today. Must take Alex to his 10-year check-up. Then it is off to gymnastics with Tyler. Looks like much coffee will need to be consumed to stay upright and awake while driving.

Have I mentioned I'm going away this weekend? Have I? Without the children? Well, I am. Really. Going to Boston and staying with my brother and then with friends in an actual hotel in downtown Boston. Really, for real. Spending Saturday at ALA's midwinter meeting. (American Library Association) No, I am not a librarian. Still, I get to spend the day on the exhibit floor. What exactly this means I am not sure but I have been told to bring a large bag. There will be take-aways from publishing houses and *gasp* possibly books. BOOKS! Now I'm not sure if this is just a rumor. It may be. I won't know until I get there.

You may be wondering why I'm attending if I'm not really sure what it is I'm attending. Well, did I mention I get to go to Boston? Without my children? And see friends? That may explain it. Also, it fits under the guise of "work related". And it has to do with books. BOOKS people.

This little trip will also explain my absence here after Friday a.m. until Monday. I will be gone. Away. Not here. And since I'm without a laptop. *gasp* it's true. I'm so behind the times. I will be absent.

Now, if I could just get rid of this cough. I'm a bit worried since I'm suppose to be sharing a hotel room with friends and the thought of coughing all night is HORRIFYING since I will keep everyone up. I hope it has a nice lobby. Maybe an all night coffee shop for me to spend my time. Oh, and the lack of sleep may effect me during the SIX hour drive each way. By myself.

NOTE TO SELF: Ask doctor about good drugs for cough while there today.

No comments: