Monday, January 31, 2005

Winter Wonderland

As Zach and I drove out of the village and toward the lake on the way to nursery school we entered a winter wonderland. No, it didn't snow. No, no freezing rain. There was a receding fog that had frozen on the trees.

I was ordered by my four-year-old to drop him off and get the camera. Then I was to come back and photograph the trees.

How could I say no?

I took some photos from the side of the road and then drove to the park at the end of the lake. There I walked around and froze my face, toes and fingers off in the 9 degree weather. Luckily the beauty of the sun on the ice crystals made it all worth while. That and the photos.

If you'd like to check out what we saw, go to my photoblog. There'll be new photos from this morning all week. I hope they capture even a fraction of the beauty we experienced. It's all gone now. Melted off by the sun.

No comments: