Thursday, April 21, 2005

This & That

  1. The weather here? Beautiful but COLD. It was in the 80's yesterday and 40's today. Too cold for even the kids. They are all watching TV and snacking on dry cereal while I upload flower photos. I totally suck as a mother sometimes.
  2. Yesterday my stepdad sanded my vestibule floor for me. Which was glorious of him. Because a) I hate sanding and b) it freed me up to clean my house. Yes, really. I dusted and swept and vacuumed. Who know I could be so domestic. It's been FOREVER.
  3. Little update on the weight front... I now weigh more than when I did on January 1st. So much for that goal.
  4. Exercise? I haven't in weeks and weeks.
  5. Actually, I am failing wildly on all of my goals and the year is 1/3 over. hmmm... not caring right now because...
  6. When I went to see if the doctor thought I should go off my little happy pills - he upped my dose instead. I'm feeling much more like my old self. In fact, it has been so long since I felt this way I'd forgotten it was possible to do things without having to talk myself into it and using all of my energy to convince myself it wasn't a waste of time and energy and that I actually CAN dust and vacuum. Life doesn't seem so impossible. I also don't feel like watching what I eat and exercising. (I've decided being in a better state of mind is worth it.) Besides, they just said people who are slightly overweight live longer. So, HA!

No comments: