Thursday, November 10, 2005

In Other News...

The cold, the wind, the rain, the thunder and lightning - goodness yesterday was a stormy, wrath of mother nature, type of day.

Today it is just dark and gloomy. And cold.

Gee, this weather report is so exciting. I think I may wet myself.

Would it help if I mentioned the snow that is coming?

No?

It's not doing it for me either... what to talk about? I'm feeling chatty but don't know what to say...

Should I discuss my zombie-like state of the past couple of days? The worry I've felt for the little ones that are so ill and my friend whose mom is losing the battle to cancer?

Should I discuss the lack of direction my week has taken? The lack of accomplishment? The need to vacuum the stairs?

How about we discuss the lack of creativity I've been showing? The lack of writing? The lack of photography? The lack of showering and getting dressed?

No?

Let's skip the state of the world and the state of politics. I can't even watch the news. The world is going insane.

I think we should definitely skip my lack of exercise and uncontrollable eating. The fact that my face is getting so fat I don't recognize myself in the mirror anymore. Ick... must be something more interesting to write about.

I will say YAY! to the good news of Ethan. And YAY! to the good news of many of my writing buddies. And Happy Birthday to my mother-in-law. And have you seen all the cute babies born recently in the blogosphere? (Somehow that last sentence is just not right. And I'm not sure how to fix it.)

I will also say that I've realized I'm not a writer. I'm not a business person. I am a pretty good librarian though. And YAY! for my job. I still can't believe they pay me to do it. Buy books and do library things with office supplies! It's even better than when I played library as a child. (Shut up! I know I'm a geek. I just wish I was a smarter geek.)

I will go now and try to work on a decent topic for tomorrow. Maybe now that I've cleared my mind of all the random muck there will be room for a post with an actual topic.

No comments: