Yesterday I crashed my site. Complete meltdown. Nothing showing up. Nada. I spent many hours fixing what I'm sure a fourteen year old could fix in about 15 minutes. Many, many hours. As in late into the night or rather, into the early morning. I also installed WordPress. I may even like it. I can't really tell you though because my brain is not actually connected to the rest of me at the moment. And yes, I do have a 14 y/o. But my 14 y/o can't do such things because apparently when you have a mother who knows even a little bit about computers, you don't feel the need to learn anything about them yourself - much like cooking.
It seems to be up and working today. It's actually working much better than my brain. I was even an hour and a half late for work this morning (one of the 3.5 hours spent sleeping was when I am normally getting ready for work and getting the kids ready). Just know, there is not enough coffee in the world right now.
In other news, I have had my own personal Christmas miracle. I would say more but there is always the chance that one of my offspring will read this. A small chance but who wants to blow the miracle now? Just know that miracles do happen. And remind me to tell you about it after the holiday.
I seem to use the phrase, "In other news" much too often.
I have to ask, are your children, assuming you have them or have spent some time with some recently, insane? I mean really. Mine are driving me mad. They are fighting and teasing and whining and WILL. NOT. STOP. TOUCHING. EACH. OTHER. I get that they are excited but lay off already. When at least one is in tears at a near constant rate it may indicate you should leave your brothers the hell alone. For those of you who don't know what I refer to, it goes something like this:
- One brother (any brother) does something he knows will annoy the snot out of everyone. Or just one someone.
- Said brother is told to stop behavior.
- Repeat step 2.
- First brother is attacked physically by other brother(s).
- Melee ensues.
- First brother ends up in tears.
- First brother tries to garner sympathy from parental units.
- NOTE: Step #8 NEVER works yet child keeps doing it.
- Repeat steps 1-9.
- Repeat steps 1-9 with different brother playing the part of First Brother.
- Repeat steps 1-11 over and over - even while parental units scream, yell, and send everyone to their rooms.
- And keep repeating until parental units are dead on floor from apoplexy.