Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Answers to her Questions

TXPoppet's questions, that is.

This whole interview business was started by Immoral Matriarch. And it marches on here.

THE QUESTIONS:

1. Four boys begs the obvious question, do you keep enough seltzer on hand for daily burping contests? Also, how many members of your household can burp the alphabet and are you one of them?

I keep quite a bit of seltzer on hand since that's all I drink besides coffee and wine. Fortunately, the boys all hate it. Because of that they don't burp nearly as often as I do. I think the fact I am a champion burper and can out burp them at every turn has dissuaded them from attempting anything like the alphabet. The farting on the other hand is out of control.

2. What do the boys do that makes you laugh nearly every day?

The littles, as I call the younger two, are quite silly and like to shake their booties with abandon. That makes me laugh. The older two are 12 and 14 so there isn't much going on in the make mom laugh area right now. It is more of the eye rolling, sighing, "parents are so dumb" type stuff. I will say that when the littles taunt the older two and make them insane with rage - that's pretty funny. Lately, that type of thing is a daily occurrence.

3. In an alternate reality, what would your double be doing right now?

My double is right now sitting on a beach in Bimini with a good book, frosty drink and a hot cabana boy fanning me with a palm frond. Oh, and she looks fabulous in a bathing suit.

4. In your Jan. 21st meme you mentioned that you are teaching.  What are you teaching at night?

It is hysterical that you asked this. I had to go back read what you were talking about and then look at a calendar because for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. Now I see that my youngest had a cub scout meeting and myself and another mom were teaching them a little sign language.

Now that I've said that, I will say that THANK GOD I do not have to do that again any time soon. There were six 8 year old boys, one 10 year old (mine), and one 5 year old girl (friend's). The meeting was held at my home and at one point Zach, my youngest, was literally climbing on my head. The other boys were fabulous. I think Zach was a wee bit excited over the meeting being at our house and having mom instead of dad working with them. To say he was bouncing off the walls would be an understatement.

Even with the insanity of an eight year old they all managed to learn the alphabet and how to say, "My name is [their name]. What is your name?" in American Sign Language. After taking an intense 3 week ASL course this summer I am saddened to say I don't remember much more than that.

5. If you could hug any person you've never actually met, who would it be and why?

Oh, this is a hard one. I would have to say Sharon. Or Cursingmama. Or Kinnicchick. Or ecined. Yes, they're all blogging friends. But they are most definitely friends. I'm hoping one of these days to meet all these lovely ladies and give them that hug. They have all supported me during some less than fun times and I'd love to be able to show them how much their friendship has meant to me.

Whew! That was tough. Hopefully it will tell you all a little more about me. If anyone else has a question, feel free to ask away. If you'd like for ME to ask YOU some questions...

Want to be part of it? Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone
else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them
five questions.

No comments: