It seems everyone has done this meme. Mine is sure to be dull and mind-numbing in comparison. Also, not very insightful.
But! I am nothing if not trying. Okay, wrong choice of words but anyone who knows me will tell you I'm trying. I'm also willing to put myself out there and try something new... as long as it doesn't involve physical exertion or daring or heights.
Enough procrastination. On to the meme...
First, the rules:
Remove the blog at #1 from the following list and bump every one up one place. Add your blog's name in the #5 spot. Now visit them and meet some new people.
- Melody - http://melslifeinanutshell.blogspot.com/
- A - http://motherswork.blogspot.com/
- Englishrose - http://craz4acop7.blogspot.com/
- MoMMY - http://heidimdavis.com/MoMMY.html
AND, I pass the meme on to some writer friends:
Now to actually TELL you the 5 things I miss...
- The feeling that I could do whatever I wanted when I grew up. I could be whatever I wanted. And I would be successful if I just tried hard enough.
- I miss playing in the woods with my brother. The hours of imagining space ships and blasters hidden among the trees. The way we tortured each other but were always there for each other.
- I miss the hours of daydreams and book reading and no demands on my time.
- I miss knowing my mom was always right. ALWAYS. The fact she always had the correct answer made me feel safe.
- I miss summer days that lasted weeks. Snow that was deep enough for forts, forts in the woods and under tables. Having a little 'nest' in the bottom of my closet to read or write or just dream - alone.