Monday, October 4, 2004

Hatemongers

That IM-ing thing didn't go over well. All the cool kids may be doing it but apparently I shouldn't. I thought it was funny. I've been told it was confusing.

I do want to address another topic I'm late to. The militant child-free people. Now I know some people who are child-free and I think it's great when you know yourself well enough to know you don't want children. I don't think there is anything wrong with not having children. In fact, some days it seems like a brilliant idea. But, these sites that are spewing hate... hmmm... I know I won't change their minds. I won't give their sites any more traffic but I did need to see what all the talk was about so I visited one.

Besides making me cringe at the hate, it made me want to track them down, tie them to a chair, gag them (can't have them spewing their hate around the children), and force them to endure my kids for a week. No, I'm not trying to change their minds. As I said, there's no way to do that. I do however want to torture them. And my 4 beautiful boys, encouraged to be as loud and obnoxious as they can, would be great torture for someone who finds the mere sight of children repulsive.

PS- Their rants made me all the more glad I had children. Children who will help make this world a better place some day. I love my boys, they brighten my day, every day. So phhhtttt! to the militant child-free hatemongers. I hope you have a chance to experience a fraction of the love I have in my life. Maybe then you won't be so full of hate.


UPDATE: Here you go Mike: where I read about it and where I read about the hate. I'm sure if you put child-free into Google you'll learn more.

No comments: