Sunday, January 2, 2005

Kid Conversation

I now have my husband taking notes of the kids' conversations. I'm so glad because I would have hated to miss this one...

Scene: They had just pulled into the driveway of Jeff's office.

DYLAN: "Who lives next door?" 
JEFF: "His name is Lou. I don't know his last name." 
ZACH: "What about his wife?" 
JEFF: "I don't know his wife's name." 
DYLAN: "How do you know he has a wife?" 
ZACH: "Of course, you know everybody in the whole wide world has a wife. Because they want a baby." 
DYLAN: "Not EVERYONE." 
ZACH: "Yeah, Jake doesn't want to marry anyone. His mom said he could stay in their house forever." 
DYLAN: "That's what I want to do." 
ZACH: "Yeah, so you don't have to dance with Brittany and marry her. And kiss her." *heehee* 
JEFF: "Well, you have a long time before you have to worry about that." 
DYLAN: "How long, dad?" 
JEFF: "Till you're 18." 
DYLAN: "How about when I'm 20?"

No comments: