Tuesday, March 22, 2005

She's Alive!

Yes, I'm alive. Somehow they put my head back together like Humpty Dumpty. It's not pretty walking around with a giant egg wrapped in duct tape on top of my shoulders but at least I'm functioning again. Life has seemed to speed up this week. I'm sure it's just to make up for the fact I spend several days dead. Can't be dead and not expect to have lots of stuff to catch up on.

Has anyone else noticed Easter trying to sneak up on us? I'm so not ready. And I have NO. TIME. TO. SHOP. Not even for CANDY. What is Easter without candy? I need enough to fill all those little plastic eggs. And by all I mean about 60. Yes, we hide SIXTY eggs in this house for the children to find. They are coded by size and degree of difficulty depending on age. It is a very complex system. I'm not sure I'm up for it. I'm not even sure I'm up for buying the candy.

All that candy. I tried to sneak some in the cart yesterday while grocery shopping but apparently Zach has reached an age where his candy radar is fully developed and it doesn't get by him. And have I mentioned his memory? If he sees it once he will remember for life that I put it in the cart and now the Easter bunny has left it. Or rather, we will get home and two days later he will want to know where the candy is because he wants to eat it. NOW.

One last thing, you may have noticed there was no Favorite Photo of the Week last week. Well, that's because I was dead. Remember? Dead. Hard to photograph and post when you are dead. There was only one photo and if you want to see it you can go here.

Must go get ready for errands and trips to the mechanic and teacher conferences and visiting with relatives from out of town and more teacher conferences and book fairs and... and... and...

No comments: