Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Extreme Busy-ness

Life has picked up speed these past few weeks. It's starting to get a bit annoying. I for one like to have a busy week now and then but I also like a week of breathing time in between. crazy busy, catch up on the mundane, restful, crazy busy, catch up on the mundane, restful, etc. It has been crazy busy for at least the last two weeks, now going into the third crazy busy week. No signs of it letting up.

We got the puppy and I had to prepare for New Hampshire. Got back and had to catch up and get ready for my first (unsuccessful) art sale. Now I must catch up and get ready for Girls' Weekend. This is the first year it is at MY house. My shambles of a house. ACK! What was I thinking? The cleaning alone is going to do me in.

Not that I'm not excited to host. I've been wanting to do it for a while. It's just that now it's here - I'm panicking. What if my scheduled activities are dull? What if they don't like the meals I plan? What if I've exhausted myself getting ready and am dead when they arrive?

On the other hand, I've known these women since college. Going on 17 years. We just want to get together and have a good time catching up. Besides, they KNOW me. I'm sure they'll be happy with clean sheets and a few glasses of a strong beverage. I doubt they expect much more.

As for today, we have an orthodontist appointment and kindergarten screening. When am I suppose to finish the vestibule? My goal was Girls' Weekend. That may not happen now.

Another thing... if I start cleaning now I will just have to redo everything before my guests arrive. So let's just say Friday is bound to be a nightmare. I hope I'm still breathing when the girls arrive.

And lastly, before I hop into super-duper Mom-in-motion time-to-get-ready-for-school mode, the cutest, most adorable puppy on earth is chewing on EVERYTHING. The worst thing is his favorite chew toy seems to be the children. They are not enjoying it at all. Now I know why he is so cute. Luckily I found a certain chew stick that he will abandon all else for. Unluckily, it is EXPENSIVE. V. expensive. Bought without realizing the price until the cashier at the grocery triple checked it because it is so ludicrously priced. I bought them anyway and said I hope he enjoyed them because I'm never buying them again...

No comments: