Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Outlander

So the rain has arrived. Luckily it is still fairly warm. And that is all for your daily weather report.

Why do I feel it necessary to give a weather report? I have no idea but I really do. Always.

In other news, work is very busy. I love when work is busy. I love when I am busy and have lots to do. I get to do spreadsheets and grids and my job really is the perfect job for me. And I didn't want to kill anyone today! There was a small chance of a strangulation. Or two. Maybe three. But for the most part, everyone is a delight. And even those I think of strangling I usually like.

Let's see...
I've been re-reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. It is taking FOREVER. That is both good and bad. Good - I love it. I don't want it to end. BUT, I keep thinking I'd like to take a break and read something else but I'm afraid I'll lose all of the various threads of the story. I am finally reading a book I hadn't read yet, An Echo In The Bone (Book 7). I put it off when it was released because I couldn't remember what had happened in the others.

Last time I read the whole series it was as each book was released. I remember not really enjoying A Breath of Snow and Ashes (Book 6). I remember thinking it was much too wordy (992 pages! Seriously!). But, this time I have to say, I really enjoyed it. So once I'm done with this one (only 850 pages!) I'll only have one book left in the series!

I started reading them in JULY. Yes, I have spent the last FOUR MONTHS reading these books. And I'm guessing... it might take me until the end of the year to finish the main series. (There are also some novellas and tangent novels she's written that I haven't read either.) I have a feeling when I'm done I'm going to want some short, quick one offs!

Oh, and Outlander has been made into a TV show. IT. IS. SO. GOOD. It is on Starz so it may be difficult to get but it is worth it. The first half of the season has been on and the second half will be in the Spring. And, it already got renewed for next season. Book 2, Dragonfly in Amber, will be the second season. The book I really want to see on screen is Voyager (the 3rd book). I never realized how funny Voyager was. I have decided it is my favorite.

Oh, and if you're on Goodread's, friend me (hmdavis). I'd love to see what you're reading. And as always, you can always talk books here on the blog.

No comments: